Tuesday 2 April 2013

Website address and creating Gmail account

When I began making my website I noticed that the web address that would be published was a wix address because of it being that site that I used to create the website. There was nothing that I could do about that without paying the website money. The other problem with it was that they used the email address of the account at the beginning of the address. This is shown in the image below:
 
 
I wanted the artist's name 'Chris Mallette' to be in the web address and I realised that if I created an email account that used that name that I would be able to make that possible. This is the point that I created a Gmail account for my artist.
 
 
The image above shows me filling in the information that Gmail need to create an account. I decided to make the username 'thechrismallette' as some artists include this in their website addresses. It also makes it official that that is the official website for that artist. The start of the web address is the only bit I was able to change though as it still belongs to wix.
 
 
The image above shows me setting up the account, using a photograph I took for my ancillary texts.
 
Creating a Gmail account not only had its uses for my website but when I signed up for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram I was able to use this email rather than my own which stopped my own email inbox getting blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment