Monday 8 April 2013

Making merchandise

The first step in the process of making the merchandise was finding the right website to use. Eventually I found spread shirts which was very easy to use and gave me great products. Below is the website homepage which allowed me to 'design my own tshirt' and other merchandise:
 
 
This image below is the page the initial link took me to. This website allowed me to choose a product that I wanted to make; select colours, sizes etc; upload a photo onto the product and add text to it. There was a total counter at the bottom of the page which allowed me to know how much my product would cost to make. Also in the image below you can see me selecting the tshirt I wanted to make and what colour it was going to be. There were a lot of different product options.


I then went on to uploading an image from my own documents that I wanted to place on the tshirt. I was also able to ass the text that I wanted. This can be seen in the two images below:



Once I had created my tshirt or product (iPhone case, mug) I then print screened the page using the button on the keyboard. This allowed me to have a copy of the image I had produced as to get an image through the website I had to buy the product. I then copied this image into Microsoft PowerPoint. I then used the image crop tool and was able to cut the image of my product out from the rest of the page as seen below:

 
I was then left with the small image on the PowerPoint slide:


I was able to right click on this image and save it to my pictures as a JPEG file which then allowed me to upload the image onto my website in the 'Store manager'.




No comments:

Post a Comment